Summit Eye Center is closely following recommended guidelines from the CDC for COVID-19.
Precautions we are taking:
• We are asking non-urgent patients to reschedule.
• If you do have an appointment, we are asking that you only bring one (1) person with you in order to follow social distancing guidelines.
• We also ask that when you arrive and checkout, that you keep yourselves at least 6 feet from anyone around you.
• We may also ask your visitor to wait in the car while you are being seen/treated. We can take their cell phone number if you need assistance when the appointment is over.
• We are cleaning exam rooms and common surfaces and areas between each patient.
We are also screening patients at the front door:
• Cough or Shortness of Breath
• Fever now or in the past 24 hours
• Traveled internationally, on a cruise of any type, on Spring Break, visited Washington State, California, New York, Colorado (Summit, Eagle, Pitkin or Gunnison counties) or Florida
• Been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
If you have an eye emergency and answered, “yes” to any of the above, please call 816-246-2111 so that we can advise you.
Please call the Missouri Department of Health if you are experiencing any symptoms: 1-800-393-0272
During this time, we are also reducing our clinic hours to 9:00am to 2:00pm Mon-Fri. The doctors are available on call for emergencies outside of these clinic hours via our office phone number.
Kansas City Eye Doctors Providing Medical Eye Care and Surgery - Summit Eye Center
When it comes to properly taking care of your eyes, you need exceptional service with experienced eye doctors and staff. The experience that our patients have when they seek service is of utmost importance at Summit Eye Center. We have been serving the Lee’s Summit community since 2005 and continue to provide a personalized experience for each and every one of our patients, treating them as we would our family. We believe that being a local eye care clinic allows our doctors to provide consistent service to our patients. Our doctors and staff develop relationships with our patients that allows for optimal treatment. The longevity of our staff allows for patients to become known personally by name and treated with respect.
As soon as you walk into our Lee’s Summit office, our personable and experienced eye care team will greet you. The clinic provides a wide range of ophthalmology services with a goal of providing the most advanced eye treatments. To stay at the forefront of the ever-changing field of eye care, our doctors regularly attend meetings where doctors from across the country collaborate to improve the clinical results for patients. Our eye care team also monitors current trends in ophthalmology to better assist the doctors in caring for our patients.
LASIK Surgery - An Affordable and Safe Alternative
Did you know that LASIK is an exceptionally safe and surprisingly affordable alternative to glasses and contacts? If you have never considered LASIK Surgery before, we encourage you to check out our LASIK resources below to see if LASIK might be right for you.
Content reviewed by Kelsey J. Kleinsasser, O.D.